Sunday, January 11, 2009

since I mentioned the 'p' word I started writing it again

What in hell's name is wrong with me. To be kind to myself I can say -at least I was working on something. Now I'm writing poetry. I guess it's kind of a backlash for not doing music right now. I'm also concerned that I'm going to appear facetious because now I'm going to subject you to it. Just, please, don't read it out loud.


(part I)
you've been lazy
and haven't realized
I've been waiting

a cold fingered violinist
had to start the show

while you stood stage right
hand over heart
crumbs down your shirt

(part II)
skinning your bees
like pebbles for sale
an edible wax

choking hazard

they point at things
while I wait in line
for the toilet

your ability
to be distracted
is unpronounceable

you are a boat with shoes
I am full of water


(the charm)
There is no 3rd time
I leave my skin in the sink
and go out
the way I came in

No comments: