Saturday, January 10, 2009

6 random things -belated yet not outdated

I'm so bad! I'm sorry Nicole. I'm sorry Rebecca.
I will be a good girl from now on.
I was tagged by both these lovely ladies and promptly did nothing about it. I'm fixing that alacrity of inaction right now. I'm taking it to the streets and stuff like that.
Yeah.
So here's the first part, some random things about me besides I don't always do things in a timely fashion. Rules and links follow below.


1. I used to have straight hair. No really. I did. My hair turned curly around the time I turned 14. No one knew what to do with that kind of craziness in suburban Pennsylvania. I had bangs when my hair went curly. This was a bad thing. This was a deep hair wrongness.
There should be a special place in the world that all curly haired people get an invited to on the investiture of their curliness. This invitation would be to a place where no humidity exists and 'blowout' is a 7 letter word never to be spoken out loud. Lessons will be given in hedge-cutting and alternative uses for mayonnaise. This is the world I want to live in.

2. I frequently mispronounce words. Why? Mostly because I've never actually said or heard the word used in polite conversation before. This can be an issue for some people, especially if the word happens to be 'tangential'.

3. I have a really vivid and startling dream life. My dream last night involved my close friend Ranu. She lives in San Fransisco with her darling triplets and her handsome husband. In this dream, a friend of hers gave her a pair of cowboy boots that they had custom made for her. They had a horizon line half way up each boot and when you stood in the boots, they made a complete picture of a sunset. all the way around. I remember that she was fascinated by the fact that each boot had 4 zippers in it and when the boots were unzipped they unfolded like flowers. They were pink on the inside. I believe I was just visiting in the dream, there was a weird segue where I spent a lot of time trying to meet someone under some scary underpasses. Then I was back at Ranu's house. She had this sentient piece of paper and we were trying to get it to answer questions about what I should do. But it would only write the answers while you weren't watching it. It was teasing us by writing everything backwards.
Because my dreams are so vivid, I always feel it's my responsibility to let people know they were in them. Or else I feel like I've been gossiping about them. I don't like to feel sly.

4. I'm fascinated by the idea of poetry but can't stand having it read aloud.
It's like having someone lick your face at a party. It's like announcing what kind of medication you're on at the company meeting. I'm so not kidding about this.

5. I frequently call things that may be considered green -blue. but I'm not color blind. I think I just prefer that color that I'm calling blue that's actually green to be blue because I like that color better as blue, even if it is technically a green color. It would look blue if I put it next to a greener color, so why can't I call it blue if I want to. Most friends avoid this topic with me.

6. I saw a ghost when I was ten.

And now for the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

And now for the links:

linda of knit a bird snorkel
bev of square animals
our lady of the yarn snob
miss birney
andrea of badbirds
gooseflesh

No comments: