Tuesday, October 12, 2010

the footer


It begins.
B poured the footer yesterday. I alas was here working on departmint. Forms for the walls are next! I've never been so excited about concrete in my entire life. But wait, that's not quite true. There was one other time......
When I was in kindergarten we lived close enough to our school to walk. I was very proud when I was finally allowed to walk 'by myself'  My older sister (by two years) was supposed to walk home with me, but we got into some kind of kurfuffle. Reason long unremembered.  I ran on ahead, right into a newly poured sidewalk. I swear the concrete went right up to my knee.
When confronted by the super scary guy in the helmet I pulled my foot out, sans shoe and ran (wee wee wee) all the way home. The one thing I clearly remember, besides what it's like to run home with a sock full of wet cement, was my true and terrible fear about how angry my mom would be when she found out about my sock. Go figure.

No comments: